Skip to content
- Always read care label instructions before attempting to remove the stain.
- Scrape off dried or crusty matter with a dull knife before treating the stain.
- If the stain persists after treating and laundering, do not put the garment in the dryer—heat will permanently set the stain.
- For colored garments, test stain-removal technique on a hidden area first to make sure it won’t bleach or fade the fabric.
- Read instructions on stain-remover packaging—make sure it is safe to use on the fabric.
- If attempts to remove the stain do not work, take the garment to a dry cleaner.